Together at the Centre Pompidou – Paris
The designer’s view of the living museum – collections, works, site and missions.
[Edit] new deadline : 28th February !
Call for applications
In the context of the Paris 2018 Cumulus Conference hosted by the Césaap partnership of the four Parisian schools of Art & Design – Boulle, Duperré, Estienne and Ensaama – an international transdisciplinary workshop will be proposed to students from colleges affiliated to Cumulus.
On the museum’s invitation, the Together at the Centre Pompidou workshop will take place within the Centre Pompidou from Tuesday April 3rd to Saturday April 7th 2018, and will offer young designers the possibility of working in teams on subjects linked to the living museum as embodied by the Centre Pompidou. The students will be invited to approach the works, the collections, the site, and the missions of the museum with a designer’s eye.
This is a real opportunity for in situ transdisciplinary work in the context of an international learning exchange. The project will be supervised by a team of teachers from the four Parisian schools and coordinated by Jérôme Picard from the Norwegian architecture agency 3RW. It will also benefit from the support and equipment of the curatorial and cultural communication departments of the Centre Pompidou.
– dates : Tuesday 3rd to Saturday 7th April 2018
– 5 students from each of the four Parisian schools, i.e. 20 Césaap students
– 20 students from other Cumulus colleges
– level of study : M1, M2
– interdisciplinary teaching staff : spatial design, graphic design, product design, fashion and
– working language : English
– final productions : a film, an exhibition, a blog, and a round table meeting at the Cumulus
Applications must be submitted before February 28th, 2018 to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for large attachments please use wetransfer.com).
Applications must contain the following documents:
– a personal file presenting the student’s educational background, level of study,
specialisation / PDF format
– a short creative video in English (120 seconds maximum) in which the candidate presents
their motivations, educational background, strengths and areas of interest/ MP4 format.
By participating, the student tacitly grants permission for Cumulus Paris 2018 to use their
video and images for workshop communication and teaching purposes.
– Participation in the workshop is free of charge. (materials and lunch are included)
– Travel and accommodation expenses and other meals are not included. Please contact the
international relations department of your school / university for more information about possible financial support.